A cash crisis can be emotionally devastating for your business. If you’ve ever had to beg, borrow, and steal to cover tomorrow’s payroll — you know what we mean.
We never want to see a local business in that position, and we’re here to help you learn better strategies for managing cash flow so that you never have to be in a position where you’re desperately looking for funds to keep your business going. Straight Talk CPAs can work with you to help you get out of a cash-crisis mode, or to keep you from finding yourself in a cash crisis, whatever the case may be.
First of all, we want you to know that there are numerous ways to optimize your cash flow, and you can learn these ways whether you’re just starting out as a business owner or you’re a seasoned business entrepreneur who has successfully launched several businesses. Finding better ways of managing cash flow can be personalized to meet your specific needs, in your particular industry, but in general, here are some areas that we can look at together:
- Planning: Instead of reacting to cash shortages, learn how to plan for your upcoming cash needs. Multi-quarter and multi-year plans can be extremely helpful.
- Managing Payroll Costs: While it’s important to hire the right people to oversee key tasks of your business, make sure you’re not hiring so many employees that you can’t support them; nobody likes layoffs.
- Reducing Largest Expenses: Once you’ve pinpointed what your biggest expenses are, figure out how to reduce them. Things to consider include adopting automation, negotiating with suppliers, or going with less expensive materials and supplies.
- Formalizing Your Process: When you think through your cash flow management processes and put them in writing, it will be easier to communicate and implement your plan throughout your organization.
- Scrutinizing Your Taxes: This is an area that many businesses overlook. You may be overpaying taxes; learning how to better manage your taxes can help you to have more cash on hand each quarter for unforeseen expenses.
There are many other ways to optimize your quarterly and annual cash flow (in addition to your day-to-day flow). The specialists at Straight Talk CPAs are here to help.
The starting point for avoiding a cash crisis is allowing an experienced New Jersey CPA firm to develop a cash flow projection for you. Straight Talk CPAs can help you develop both short-term (weekly, monthly) cash flow projections to help you manage daily cash, and long-term (annual, 3-5 year) cash flow projections to help you develop the necessary capital strategy to meet your business needs.
There is no reason for you to wait for a cash crisis to happen to turn to outside help with managing your cash flow. In fact, a cash crisis is something you definitely want to avoid in order to be able to continue with your business operations uninterrupted by emergencies. If you can’t pay your employees, you can’t pay your vendors, or you don’t have enough money to pay your local, state, or federal taxes, it’s a real emergency that puts your business at risk of shutting down. To avoid this and other crisis situations, start adopting better cash flow management strategies today.
Our background in taxes, accounting, and business management makes us the perfect partner to help you get out of a crisis or avoid one altogether. Work with Straight Talk CPAs and see the difference we can make for your business!
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions, would like more information, or are ready to get started. Reach out to Straight Talk CPAs today.